Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day 2008

It's baseball's opening day, the Cardinals are at Busch Stadium, I've got the day off from work, and a bottle of Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry in hand. My pal Rob is working, but he graciously gave me access to his cable television and his Digital Video Recorder where I can watch the on-field opening ceremonies over and over at my leisure.

Opening Day is always a beauty. It's fun to watch the Budweiser Clydesdales circle the diamond, the players riding in atop red convertibles, and Ozzie Smith and Tony LaRussa trying to avoid each other on the field.

The forecast for the day is a wet one, and the pundits have been raining on the Cards' pennant chances as well, but I think this team has a lot of untapped potential, particularly at the bat. I know this-- a week ago today they put six big league-established pitchers on the disabled list, and those guys are going to get healthy along the way. If the team takes off at the start and wins 8 to 10 more games than it loses before Memorial Day, they won't look back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home