Saturday, August 21, 2010

The undercover investigation

Yes, my email address/account was pirated this week, and used towards unscrupulous ends, but the otherwise-troubling theft of my identity and my sense of personal security allowed me the opportunity to once again employ my favored undercover investigator, a top man-- Jay Alphonse Pierson, Esquire.

Pierson is a cipher. As one of the "contacts" on the compromised email account, he was the recipient of the fraudulent solicitation email that many of you received from the impostor "Chris". He sprung immediately to action.

The following is the real email exchange between the email hijacker and Pierson that I discovered after Pierson's actions allowed me to regain entry into my email account. Many of you readers, as fellow contacts on the email list, will recognize the criminal mastermind's opening volley-- a phony story about being stranded at England's largest city. The conversation descends into anarchy from there. Pierson has given me permission to reprint the conversation in its entirety so that the world can better understand how the criminal mind works:

(all [sic])

THE CHRIS IMPOSTOR (Wed, 6:44am): Hi, Sorry to disturb with this mail but I'm urgently out of the country in London on a sudden trip and found myself in a situation which i really need to take care of now.I need a loan of $1,500 I'll explain better and refund the money back to you immediately i get back next week.If you can help out with the money or whatever amount you can come up with I will really appreciate if you get back to me as soon as you get this email.Please keep this between us. Chris


PIERSON (Wed, 11:12am): No problem, bloke. Just tell me where to send the cash, sorry to hear about your problems. If you need more than $1,500, just let me know.

Best Regards,
Jay Alphonse Pierson, Esq.



CHRIS IMPOSTOR (Wed, 2:02pm): Thanks a lot for getting back to me.I was mugged out of my belongings including my bank cards,i will explain better to you once i get back.I hope it won't be too much trouble.I need you to send the money to me via Western Union money Transfer I am at this Address:60 Hyde Park Gate - Kensington London sw7 5bb UK.Please send an email with the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) on the receipt,i need it to pick up the money,this is important.I will refund you the money you loan me including the WU charge once I get back home.I really appreciate. Chris.


PIERSON (Wed, 2:41pm): OMG! That sounds awful! How did you get mugged? Did you get hurt? I am going to try and head to the bank this afternoon depending on how work goes the rest of the day. I've never used a money transfer before, so I guess it has to be done at the bank also? Hopefully I have enough money in my account to cover all the expenses. I'm sure you realize how expensive it is to get kidney dialysis since we no longer have health insurance.

I haven't said a word of this to your family. With the recent death of your oldest son, I'm sure they don't need to worry any more about you, right?

~j



CHRIS IMPOSTOR (Thu, 4:07am): I am OK just some minor Bruce's please i am still waiting get back to me the information.


PIERSON (Thu, 7:56am): Sorry about the delay, but the Western Union office was closed today. I am glad to hear your injuries are minor despite several Bruce's. I will try to make it to the Western Union office today, time has been incredibly scarce as of late since it is shrimping season, and I have been quite busy this year with all of the oil from that damned oil company, BP.

I still can't believe you still work for them, but in this rough economy, I understand you wanting to earn a decent living.

If you don't hear from me by this afternoon, please remind me to get to the Western Union office ASAP.

Shine On,
~jay



It was at this point in the conversation that I was able to gain access again to my account and set a new password. A greater tragedy was averted thanks to P.I. Pierson. The investigator has asked to remain anonymous, but if any of you wish to be in contact, or desire his professional services, please contact me at my new email address: christophermmoeller@gmail.com. Shine on.

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only regret was that I was unable to craft a phony Western Union receipt and send him off to the office demanding his loot. jap, esq

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger CM said...

Maybe next time. I'll try to keep my security lax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home