Sunday, May 10, 2009

'Lost' spoiler

It's not my intent to ruin the big surprise for all of you regarding the popular ABC television show "Lost," but I have a feeling that it's all going to be revealed on this week's episode, and I can't help but to have to prove to you that I got there first.

Keep in mind that I have no inside information about the show. I didn't go to college with one of the set designers. I don't have a cousin living in Hawaii that witnessed show creator J.J. Abrams purchasing a distinctly revealing prop item at the Oahu Home Depot a couple months ago. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend did not hear from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the actor who plays Hugo pass out at 31 Flavors last night. All I have to go on is my instinct and keen intellect.

So stop reading here if you want to be surprised during the penultimate season finale on Wednesday night-- or further down the road if there's an unexpected (by me) delay in the reveal. But you just as well know now... that Jack is Jacob. There are many clues that make this fact quite obvious. #1- Their names are similar. #2- Jack's father, and his sister, Claire, have been seen hanging out at the spooky cabin where Jacob's "spirit" resides. #3- John Locke announced at the end of last week's episode that he's on the way into the jungle to kill Jacob, and Jack and Locke have been on separate sides on every philosophical debate on the series since it began. #4- Kate has really been paired off with Sawyer narrative-ly at this point in the series so its obvious that they'll wind up together, leaving Jack free to pursue a fate more aligned with "the island." And #5- He's the star of the show.

You can resume reading again. I derive no pleasure from having to ruin the surprise for all of you, but you see, I'm what's often (derisively) labeled a "know-it-all," and I can't help myself. I'm hard-wired to be possessed with the answers to some very important questions and then to have to let you know about it prematurely when I do, regardless of impact.

Check back to the blog later in the week when I reveal whether socialite Claus von Bulow really injected his wife with a lethal dose of insulin in 1980. I recently watched the film "Reversal of Fortune" for the first time and I figured it out.

6 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,

My wife and I totally agree here. It's been in the back of mind mind for two seasons now, but since Jack and Jacob existed in the same time line for a short period on the show, I lost hope in the belief.

Although now, with present Jack stuck in 1977, the door is open to what he will become following the incident.

aWESOME STUFF.

-

B. Christopher

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob is played by Mark Pellegrino.

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only is he played by Mark Pellegrino, Jacob already existed when Ben was young which happens to be in the 70's where Jack is now. So unless Jack ends up going much further back in time and changes his name, that's just not possible.

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An Actor has been cast to play Jacob. It is not Jack. That would be so lame!! I would hope the writers have more imagination than that.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch Lost. But Aaron needs you to talk to him about EFCA.

Sam

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger CM said...

Lots of characters on 'Lost' are portrayed by two different actors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home