Monday, May 04, 2009

Poetic Justice: Caught on tape!

One of the amusing political stories from the first half of the year is the plight of California Congresswoman Jane Harmon. As the Democratic Party lead on the House Intelligence Committee, Harmon served as political cover for President Bush's warrantless wiretap program and for telecom immunity, and I'll be damned if she hasn't been caught on a Justice Department wiretap accepting a bribe from an AIPAC lobbyist.

This was her side-splitting reaction this weekend to the tub of scalding hot water she now finds herself in: "I'm just very disappointed that my country-- I'm an American citizen just like you are-- could have permitted what I think is a gross abuse of power in recent years. I'm one member of Congress who may be caught up in it, and I have a bully pulpit and I can fight back. I'm thinking of others that have no bully pulpit, who may not be aware, as I was not, that someone is listening in on their conversations, and they're innocent Americans."

Ace reporter Glenn Greenwald calls it "shameless" and "absurd."

---

So long, Pontiac cars and trucks. I was a Pontiac owner from the age of 17 to the age of 31. First, it was the 1988 Fiero, then the 1995 Grand Prix, both purchased used. Over the years, I had a chance to get to know quite well a gentleman by the name of Mr. Goodwrench, but I ran both vehicles to old-age deaths in the automotive graveyard, and oh, how the ladies loved 'em.

---

New blog feature: Impressions: This is my impression of quarterback Brett Favre, when he goes out to eat with friends and family, "You guys order first. I'll be ready when she gets around the table to me."

---

My sister's fifth birthday party was a wild success on Saturday. My gifts went over pretty well, too. I got her the board game "Monopoly: The Government Regulation edition," and "Industrial Unionist Barbie."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home