Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing

This provocative list is not a recent one, but I came across it while web-surfing earlier today. I know my brother, for one, will enjoy it. It's a Time Out New York critic's list of the greatest recorded songs from each year of the 20th Century. What does it say about me that I'm 31 years old and I know every tune from 1923 to 1946 and only one (at least by name-- "Dancing Queen,") from my own lifetime?

---

The Great Pujols added a double and home run to his slugging resume this afternoon- the latter, a pull shot on an 0-2 pitch down and away. LBoros of Vivaelbirdos.com calls his 2006 season thus far the greatest one man show since this one in '46. "Just as entertaining, and nearly as improbable." I'd like to add-- much more legitimate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home