Sunday, February 04, 2018

"Lies My Blogger Told Me"

Do ever find yourself in this situation? Here's you: I would like to read the Chris Moeller Blog, but my home PC and/or lap top is too difficult to manage when I’m on the move, unlike, say, a 330 page book that catches snugly in the crevice of my underarm while I'm carrying groceries. Do you ever catch yourself muttering under your breath and to nobody in particular-- I have a smart phone, but I’m dangerously low on data this month, and/or concerned that, despite the absence of supporting scientific data, the radiofrequency energy and non-ionizing radiation from my cellular phone is increasing my risk of a cancerous tumor? And does this ever cross your mind-- I like the Chris Moeller Blog, but only about 1 in 15 posts have actual merit and have been worth reading? Or maybe you’ve been confronted with the following dilemma-- I’ve never been able to read the Chris Moeller Blog because maybe I’m a Neo-Luddite and I don’t have a computer and I have no way of reading this now.

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, or your reaction to the ones that aren’t actually questions is confusion, problem solved. I want to interest you in a book. It’s called Lies My Blogger Told Me: The Best of the Chris Moeller Blog 2004-2017, and it’s being released by Lulu Publishing in February 2018!

All your favorites are here. The politics, the baseball harangues, the celebrity obituaries. Blog posts like "I don't like soccer and you can't make me," "The roots of Ben Affleck and a nation," and "Letterman Tribute #8." Many of the blog posts are presented with new introductions that update the topic or change the gist of the original completely. This is a high performance book with a V8 engine, an eight-speed automatic transmission, and a satin-black hood. It corners like a snake in a rat hole.

How much would you pay for such a book? Sixty dollars? Sixty-five dollars? You're not even close. Seriously though, how much? Prices are still being determined. I think it's a book you'll like it. It's going to be available in both hard cover and paperback. There's a lot more about me in it than there is about you, but you might be name-dropped in the back somewhere. It will make you forget how lonely you are and how meaningless life in America has become. And here's the best part. I didn't know this about the publishing business, but apparently it's true: It doesn't matter how many of the books you buy for yourself and for your friends and family, Lulu will just print more. The more you buy, the more they'll keep printing new copies with essentially no upper limit. So don't hold back. We're not at that magic release date quite yet, but it's around the bend, and you'll be able to purchase through me and this site. The proofs are approved. The presses are heating. Prepare your checkbooks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home