Monday, July 25, 2011

A People's History of TV Fest X, Part I

For a recap of Saturday's Moeller TV Festival, I will only say that I have a new favorite in my memory. Like fine wines and beautiful women, TV Fest gets better with age. And like politicians, whores, and ugly buildings, it gets more respectable as well. This time thirteen good friends participated in the weekend proceedings, according to my best accounting, plus Maggie the Dog, who was only locked away in the back bedroom most of the time because of all the dirty parts.

Fortunately for those who couldn't be there, we have a written record of the event in the form of anonymous guest comments stuffed in the newly- and beautifully-decorated comment box. Here are just a few of them, presented lovingly, completely free of context, but vaguely chronological. As they are, again, anonymous, I could play no favorites in selecting them here. As I drank too much, I also cannot remember who 'fessed to which ones. They appear below entirely unedited. Any spelling, punctuation, capitalization, or factual errors are yours, not mine. And here they are..


This episode comes from Chris' one-of-a-kind bootleg collection.

pantyhose with open toed shoes????

the roofies make it tingly

Special thanks to David and Tim for coming from out of state to TV Fest 10!

I miss my trench coat days... and so does Jim. When I worked at KMRY Radio, I set my pantyhose on fire with my space heater in February

Did they say his full name is Herbadore?

We interrupt this tv fest for a quick announcement... Amy Winehouse is dead. You may return to your already scheduled programs.

if someone starts another TV fest, I will take them out.... Cobra Kai style.

Thanks to Jamie for coming from out of state-- and for proving how far he came by coming late.

I will not talk during the TV Festival.
I will not talk during the TV Festival.
I will not talk during the TV Festival.
I will not talk during the TV Festival.
I will not talk during the TV Festival.

I'm Troy McClure... You may remember me from such tv festivals as tv fest 3 and tv fest 7.

Aaron, you shouldn't laugh at the old man, young pretty wife jokes... that's you

Cellphones... vibrate. Geesh Danyell!!

Nipples at the TV Fest!!

Hot lips needs a bra.

Jello Puddin Pops in the freezer?!? Score!! :)

I love Aaron Moeller

I was going to Ask if this was Pre or Post Radar, but watching the opening credits my Question was answered. Post-Radar

It's about time those 4077 jokesters learned a lesson.

Aaron's worried about his Lube job

Is Maggie ok?

Yeah, Maggie is fine. I think she just needs to go out soon.

That's a BIG curtain. These jokes make no sense. I think Chris' demonstrative laughter & gestures constitute comments. They have a tropical theme too. I thought that WAS David Letterman. Isn't he the host? David Letterman is a jerk. Johnny should talk more. David Letterman was ugly even when he was younger.

Are we watching this episode because April is National Tooth Decay month? Is that why Johnny is doing this Dentist bit? Also, do we need to pace ourselves on the comments. I noticed Chris busted into another pack of note cards.

Johnny said Moeller

Aaron and Alex have a Polaroid television. If we shake it, will the jokes get funnier?

According to IMDB, David Letterman is still alive and still has his own show.

Secrets don't make friends, Aaron Moeller

Isn't it great that the commercials are edited out?

I bet they would let Leno drop off a fruit basket.

Moellers, may I call you Moellers? I can't criticize this tv Festival which has a long honorable tradition dating back to years well before my time...

I think there should be a time limit to comment explanations... maybe next TV Fest since I'll be a Moeller...

My dentist tells me my teeth are almost as cute as I am.

Do we need more pineapple?

Now THIS is actual television.

I wasted this card because I am a rebel!

Remember "That '80s Show"?

This is an accurate depiction of the 1970's except no one has a MASH BJ Honeycutt mustache.

I went to H.S. with Christine Moore. She was the second "Eric's sister" after the first one got fired. In October, I have my 20th H.S. reunion, I can ask Christine to come to TV Fest 10.5 as the Guest Speaker if you'd like.

Community is the best comedy on right now. He said. Fully erect.

Who would have thought Fletch would be such a dick. be the ball danny... nanananana.

this festival is NOT full of uggos. Who has drug cigarettes?

What if the theme at TV Fest Ten Part 2 was "sluts"?

I've only seen this show like 3 times & I've seen this one

Where is Alex?

Growing up we had a couch that looked like Doc's sport coat.

david letterman is a lost Moeller.

Best Carson Shows EVER!!!

eye miss Alex

When I was 31, I quit corporate America. I went to Cedar Rapids and no one gave a shit. Just an average girl with exceptional hair. Chapter 2: TV Fest 10.5.

Kenny Powers reminds me of Pete Rose. The actor throws like a girl but at least he has Moeller hair.

Show of hands please- Raise your hand if you have a dream catcher in your car.

I was worried this would be over the top, but after that episode I think I'm safe. Driving over today I heard a guy broadcasting from a car dealer. He said it's too Hot out, I'm sweating Like a cucumber in a women's prison. True story.

Why does everyone fold these cards? It's not secret.

I've seen every single episode of every season of this & I've seen this one.

for the record... dollywood Rulez!!!

(read this last) Who can do TV Fest Ten Part 2 the first weekend in December?

4 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I can't believe I forgot to grab a Jello Pudding Pop after that comment!! And I only had one small handful of the box of Lemonheads that was in the kitchen. Those 3/4 lb. burgers really threw off my eating priorities / abilities.

Can't wait for part 2!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger CM said...

I forgot the Pudding Pops too. This party was just too many of a good thing!

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger danyelle said...

Fourteen of those comments were mine. I counted twice, so I know I'm right.

I....am....amazing, just like TV Fest. ;)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger CM said...

Are you sure? I had your count at 15. Er, I mean.. it's all anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home