Sunday, March 14, 2010

Glenn Beck? What's up with that?

You guys are all familiar with Glenn Beck, right? He's the radio and Fox News television political commentator? Yeah, me too, but here's the thing-- I've never heard or watched him. His broadcast wasn't aired on the radio stations I used to work for. His TV show on Fox News has debuted in the time since I downgraded my television menu, first to just broadcast stations, and then to just basic basic cable. (This also means no "Daily Show," no "Stephen Colbert"-- shows that show Fox News clips.) As I write this, I have no conception of what his voice sounds like.

If I got it in my cable lineup, I still wouldn't watch the Fox News Channel, but you know how you just happen to flip past something sometimes. It would have happened. I see Beck's photo online all the time connected to stories. I read about dumb stuff he says. I've come to understand that he sobs on the air sometimes. Sometimes the show is on at bars or restaurants, but it's always muted there. I gather his act is kind of a Rush Limbaugh update-- Rush with less Clinton-era baggage.

I have no other point here. I've just surmised that Beck is kind of a douche bag, and I thought I might make a few of you jealous of me if I told you that, to my knowledge, I've never heard the guy speak.

----

An Austin, TX film buff has gone to the trouble of listing the greatest 9,331 movies of all-time. Maybe it's just me, but I take exception with some of his rankings.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That movie list is absolutely useless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home