Saturday, December 08, 2007

Holiday cheer

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday for my three-year-old sister, Katya, who had informed the family earlier in the week that she wanted a unicorn under the tree this year. Not only do unicorns not exist, I've been thinking, but even if they did, they would be a most impractical gift. They would eat you out of house and home, like any other member of the equine family, and the dog would bark day and night. I wound up buying her a stuffed unicorn, which may be what she meant all along. I can disclose my purchase information here because Katya doesn't read this blog. (She's starting to put letters together, but says she finds my work pretentious.)

In the big picture, I'm just thankful that I don't yet have to shop for her at Hot Topic.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

can you prove they don't exist?

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger CM said...

I'm pretty sure they don't. I looked all day Friday and couldn't find one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home