Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Out of hiding

I have long fought the temptation to let the on-line world know what I look like, as people tend to think you're not very smart if you're really good-looking, but tonight, due to popular demand, my IT team posted a picture of me on the profile page. I chose a photo of myself wearing an emotionless expression so that the alternately serious and hilarious content of the blog is never compromised. The leather jacket implies that I'm tough, and the scarf reveals my stylistic side, though it clashes with the futon behind.

---

More Paul Shirley.

---

Lennon and McCartney vs. Brian Wilson. One critic declares a winner.

---

Book recommendation: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's "On the Shoulders of Giants- My Journey Through the Harlem Renaissance": We didn't get African-American history in school, but it's never too late.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Smile's better. It exists perfectly as one cohesive bit of timeless music. Beatles albums are loaded with incredibly deep and rich songs, but they're coming from 4 different songwriters and perspectives so while their albums are all great, they're also essentially random. Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's - they all bleed together for me - each have 8 or so indelible classics and 3 or 4 lesser tunes. Who remembers (or cares, inevitably) if "Dear Prudence" is on Abbey Road, the White Album or Sgt. Pepper?

I'd also put Van Morrison's Moondance, Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home and Blood on the Tracks, and Tom Waits' Rain Dogs next to any Beatles album.

Of course, Paul McCartney would probably still tell you that the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds is the greatest of them all.

It's a shame, Chris, that your "scarf in June" look is covering what's obviously a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" t-shirt.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger CM said...

Aha! It's not a recent picture, you see. I'm still not ready to reveal my bald spot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home