Thursday, January 25, 2007

Due Process, and more miscellaneous items

Who says those later color episodes of "Andy Griffith" weren't just as terrific as the black and white offerings? Inspiring.

---

I just ordered "On the Waterfront" on DVD so this Stanley Crouch article caught my attention today.

---

I've become a bread snob. I won't buy a loaf containing anything less than fifteen grains. I sneeze at 12 grains.

---

Much is being made on liberal blogs about the selection of Rich Little to perform at this year's White House correspondents dinner. The rub being that he won't confront the president like last year's star attraction Stephen Colbert. The criticism, however, has spilled over into the realm of "Little's washed up" or "Is he still alive?"-style comments. I think Rich Little is damn funny. He acquitted himself quite nicely late last year during "The Late Show's" Impressionists Week. I probably laughed more in those six minutes than I've laughed at "The Daily Show" the last three months. That program's become so snarky and pandering, it's practically unwatchable. Besides, if you're the type of person who's looking to the White House correspondents dinner for cutting edge comedy, the problem may be you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home