Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Caucus-tacular

Hard to believe, but it is now less than a year (362 days) until the Iowa Caucuses. John Zogby polled 596 likely Democratic voters in the state and uncovered these results (4.1% margin of error):

Former Sen. John Edwards 27%
Sen. Barack Obama 17%
Former IA Gov. Tom Vilsack 16%
Sen. Hillary Clinton 16%
Sen. Joseph Biden 3%
Sen. John Kerry 3%
Rep. Dennis Kucinich 1%
Gov. Bill Richardson 1%
Unsure 13%

Expect the CM Blog editorial staff to pick its candidate before spring. If, by mistake, I wind up at the GOP caucus in my precinct, I'll be backing Tom Selleck. I like him.

---

Hey! Do you like old fashioned FM radio? KIOA 93.3, your good times and oldies station in Des Moines is playing its entire library of songs in alphabetical order. Their ads are confusing and their website no help at all, but it must be a pretty lengthy promotion. (Nights and weekends, maybe?) Tonight, coming home from work, I heard "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by Bette Midler, "(Who wrote the) Book of Love?" by the Monotones, and "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf. I just checked back an hour later and caught the end of "Bridge Over Troubled Water." I defy you to tune out!

---

Speaking of radio, my brother just got hooked up with Sirius satellite radio, and he told me about the time that he's spent listening to Howard Stern. It dawns on me that I've never heard more than a minute of Stern on the radio. I bring him up frequently on this blog as a First Amendment champion, see him on TV all the time, and can recall much of his movie, but it's safe to say I'm more interested in the idea of Howard Stern than the entertainer himself. It's kind of like me and marijuana. I've never smoked it and have no particular desire to.There needs to be at least one person in the country who supports the legalization of marijuana who doesn't use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home