Thursday, January 11, 2007

Baby, this and me were really meant to be

It's finally on its way!!! Not quite in time for my birthday, "WKRP in Cincinnati- Season 1" will be released on Digital Video Disc technology April 3rd, sparking rumors of the first-ever Moeller TV Festival devoted to just one program.

You know it's going to contain all of the original licensed music because it's priced through the roof and it's cheaply-packaged with double-sided discs. But I'll take it. What's important is that the episodes are completely uncut.

---


My cable company, in addition to making these other headlines, is causing me difficulties in my internet access this week. Therefore, I'm blogging from work today. Here are some topics to munch on...

---

Consider this intriguing evidence against the conventional wisdom that the minimum wage hurts small business.

---

My Hall of Fame ballot, if they would have sent me one:

(10 person maximum)
Dave Concepcion
Andre Dawson
Rich "Goose" Gossage
Tony Gwynn
Mark McGwire
Cal Ripken
Pete Rose (write-in)
Lee Smith

---

What Cal Ripken said about Mark McGwire on Tuesday: "It doesn't bother me that it's a story one bit, but I don't think it's my place to cast judgment. It saddens me that baseball had to go through that."

What Ripken should have said: "Mark deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He was twice the player I was."



What Tony Gwynn said about McGwire on Tuesday: "I hope that one day he will get into the Hall of Fame, because I really believe he deserves it... In the late 1980s and early 1990s, we had no rules. We knew, players knew, owners knew, everybody knew, and we didn't say anything about it. As a player I kind of focused on what was going on on the field, and as far as I'm concerned, he dominated an era."

What Gwynn should have said: Wouldn't change a thing.

5 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you agree with Gwynn's comments does that mean you admit that McGwire used steroids? I have yet to hear whether you think he did or not. It sounds like Gwynn thinks he did.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger CM said...

I believe Mark McGwire did EVERYTHING he could within the rules of the game to help the Cardinals win games, which is what I devote much of my income to see have happen, and I expect nothing less from any player who puts on the Cardinals uniform.

I also believe he never tested positive for steroid use, and I believe he provided a great example for the nation's youth on how to conduct yourself as a professional baseball player-- and a human being.

I couldn't care less if he used performance enhancements. In fact, I already know he did. It's called Androstenedione, and I've known that he used it since about half-way through the 1998 season, same as everybody else. I also know he wore contact lenses when he played, had multiple surgeries on his right knee to help extend his career, took medicine to combat severe allergies, and wore supports in his cleats while he played because he has flat feet.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anabolic steroids. Yes or no?

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

could always get dtv thru QWEST.......lol


how have you been doing?

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger CM said...

Pretty good, Mark.

The Mediacom dispute must be a boom for Qwest's customer service reps. Are you still selling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home