Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Turns out that maybe Less was not More

Major media changes are coming. Declining newspaper circulations and radio listenership are causing major players like the Tribune Co. and my former employer, Clear Channel, to consider reverting back from public- to privately-held enterprises. (Which would likely also mean the spinning off of a certain Chicago baseball team.) As media blogger Jeff Jarvis pointed out last week, consolidation is the act of a dying industry, "(Clear Channel) bought up stations and sucked cash out of them, but now there's nothing left to suck."

---

A novel idea.

---

Enjoyed a splendid Halloween weekend. Friday began in earnest with the Cardinals' first World Championship since I was in Underoos, and then my Groucho Marx getup nabbed an unprecendented two of four awards ("Funniest" and "Most Realistic") at one of Cedar Rapids, Iowa's swankiest holiday parties. And I carved my first pumpkins since "On Golden Pond" was in theaters. It almost made up for missing the Charlie Brown special on TV. Was that on tonight? Did the Great Pumpkin show up?

2 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Groucho- photo please.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger CM said...

I'll see what I can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home