Thursday, October 19, 2006

Better luck next time, FOX. Cardinals win pennant, Mets go home

"It's a real honor to meet you, Mr. (Henry) Ford, but I hate to tell you-- me 'n Paul are plannin' to make pussy cats outta yer Tigers." -- Cardinals legend Dizzy Dean, October 1934

---

What a beautiful baseball game. What a marvelous sport. Boy, is this Michelob Golden Light going down smooth.

My only regret of the evening is that I couldn't see the last three innings of the game. My attempts to kiss Jeff Suppan through the television after he worked out of that potentially-devastating sixth inning left the broadcast images severely distorted.

Look out Detroit. The Birds are on their way!

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not stand to watch baseball on TV. Now I have HDTV! Play ball! It looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home