Thursday, September 28, 2006

Shared misery

An excerpted transcript from the last phone call I took tonight at work:

STUDENT LOAN BORROWER: Hey, how are things going in Des Moines?

MOELLER: Not too bad. It feels like things are kind of on an upswing.

BORROWER: I used to work in Des Moines.

MOELLER: I'm familiar with your town, too. (Canton, Missouri) I see the signs for it when I drive down to Cardinals ballgames.

BORROWER: (Suddenly exasperated) Did you know they're losing again tonight? It's already 4-0 in the third.

MOELLER: Yeah. But this'll probably be the last time Marquis ever pitches.

BORROWER: That guy's terrible! I was just telling my parents that on the phone.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Neither a Borrower nor a Moeller be.

Damn the 2006 Reds for not being out of it yet. They just want a chance to tear out my heart one more time.

I hate the Astros.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home