Monday, July 17, 2006

Even more random lists

Top 1 Lists


My Favorite Novel

1. The Shroud of the Twacker, Chris Elliott


1 Great Short Story

1. The Shroud of the Twacker- Abridged, Chris Elliott


1 Great Driving Song

1. Sunday Kind of Love, Etta James


1 Cheesy '70s-'80s Song That for Some Reason I Don't Turn Off When It's on the Radio

1. Baby, I'm-a-Want You, Bread


1 Great Live Album

1. Frank Sinatra with the Red Norvo Quintet, Live in Australia


1 Great Guitar Solo I Heard in My Car This Week

1. You've Got a Friend, some hitchhiker


1 Great Story Song

1. Artificial Flowers, Bobby Darin


1 Great Story Song by Bruce Springsteen

1. Blind Terry & his Brothers Racing Under the 57th Street Bridge


1 Nevada City/Town I Can Not Name Off the Top of My Head

1. Bunkerville


1 Immensely Satisfying Food Order at US Chain Restaurants and Fast Food

1. Chicken Bacon 'n Swiss (Arbys)


1 Thing to See at the George Eastman House International Museum of Photography and Film in Rochester, New York

1. George's high school wrestling athletic supporter


1 Best List on this Blog Posting So Far

1. Arguably this one


1 Underrated Sitcom

1. Newhart


1 Great Recurring TV Character

1. MacGillicudy, Detective Agency worker-bee (Moonlighting, Jack Blessing)


1 Favorite Relative

1. My brother. Thanks for the week off.

4 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reflect on my summer, opinions, preferences...with lists!

2 Great Historical Novels I've read this summer:

1) Creation, Gore Vidal

2) I, Claudius, Robert Graves


4 Must-See Movies I've Seen For the First Time This Summer:

1) Harakiri (Japan)

2) Tristram Shandy, A Cock and Bull Story (UK)

3) Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance (Korea)

4) Why We Fight (US)


Most Underrated Sitcom of the Summer:

1) It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX)


3 Great Live Albums:

1) Woodstock, Jimi Hendrix

2) Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium, Rage Against the Machine

3) Try!, John Mayer Trio


Greatest Song I am listening to this very moment:

“Darkness Darkness,” Robert Plant


10 Discs I Jam to When Driving Around the Augustana Campus in a White 1989 Ford F-250 Pickup Pretending to Work:

1) Wolfmother, Wolfmother

2) Fire, Electric Six

3) Back in Black, AC/DC

4) Robot Hive Exodus, Clutch

5-8) Led Zeppelin (I, II, III, and IV)

9) Stadium Arcadium, Red Hot Chili Peppers

10) Mellow Gold, Beck


Song that Arguably Contains the Greatest Guitar Solo-ing of All Time:

“Machine Gun,” Jimi Hendrix


The Greatest Note Ever Played on any Guitar. Ever.:

The Fourth Note that Jimmy Page Executes in “Dazed and Confused,” Original Recording

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger CM said...

I just saw "Why We Fight" Saturday night. Dirty communist lies!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear young people still listen to AC/DC. The song "Thunderstruck" is a great song to drive to, although probably not very safe.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger CM said...

Am I the only person who relaxes when I drive?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home