Monday, June 19, 2017

The Castile verdict

Consider this the equivalent of a Facebook "share."

Shaun King from the New York Daily News..


Again.
Jury just found the officer who murdered #PhilandoCastile in cold blood not guilty.
Expected. Infuriating.
My blood is boiling. Philando did nothing wrong. Broke no laws. He wasn't even supposed to be pulled over. It was racial profiling.
He then gets shot repeatedly in front of his fiancé and her daughter in broad daylight.
This is bullshit. Absolute bullshit. I say that with a full vocabulary. This is bullshit.
They wonder why we riot and tear shit up. What the hell do you expect people to do. You asked people to stay calm and wait for justice. They stayed calm and waited for justice - and then got this.
Quote me on this: Fuck this system. If you've ever heard me speak anywhere, you've heard me say what I'm about to say a million times.
It's not broken. The justice system is not broken. It is functioning exactly the way it was designed and built to function.
My God I am so angry. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home