Friday, June 05, 2015

Stay Human

I woke up this morning just hoping for the good news that the Cardinals had held on to a 7-1 lead late in Los Angeles, but I got much more: Stephen Colbert's new music director was announced as New Orleans' own Jon Batiste! Here, Stephen makes the introduction online, from NOLA, along with a plateful of beignets. I saw Jon with Stay Human open before Al Jarreau in the Jazz Tent at Jazzfest '14. He played a most memorable version of "St. James Infirmary." I thought the tent poles might dislodge from the ground from the massive swings.

---

Aidah and I are proud new owners of a Honda CRV, my first-ever sport-utility vehicle. Costs a little more but it's the first vehicle that I could sleep in comfortably if I had to.

---

Definitely worthy of one of your free New York Times clicks this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home