Saturday, June 23, 2012

Moonlighting strangers

Quote of the day: Actress Emily Mortimer ("Lovely and Amazing," "30 Rock"), talking about her new role on HBO's "Newsroom,"


"As a child I watched Spencer Tracy-Katherine Hepburn movies without really knowing what they were, but loving them, and I also loved this show called 'Moonlighting,' which you may not have heard of... I was so in love with (Bruce Willis)! I was obsessed with him. And (Cybill Shepherd). I used to not know how I would get through the week once it was over. I think I was about 12 or 13 when it was on in England and I was just like 'I don't know if I can survive the week without it.'

"There are very few romantic comedies these days that work. And I feel (Aaron) Sorkin understands what George Cukor and Billy Wilder and all those people who did it so brilliantly in those days did, which is that the best way of depicting sexual tension is the way people talk to each other, the words they use to talk to each other... And so that was what I really responded to, that made me really feel like, oh my God, I can be in something like Moonlighting."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home