Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Inger-Dahls

My Des Moines neighborhood has a new grocery-- a larger Dahl's store in the shadow of the old on Ingersoll Avenue. The new shop opened last week, and it has blown my mind both times I've shopped there thus far. The same recognizable employees still work there, but it's as if they now work in a spaceship. I tried jumping in the store and I couldn't even reach the ceiling.

It reminded me of the time I drove to watch a baseball game at Milwaukee's old County Stadium in 2000, and you could see the new monstrous Miller Park nearly completed beyond the outfield bleachers. It was also similar to that experience in that I saw Brewers' firstbaseman Prince Fielder there eating.

Because Prince Fielder is fat.

In actuality, I've noticed that the biggest change in the new store from the old is that all of the pens at the checkout are still attached to their chains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home