Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Latino Legends

There's very little time for blogging tonight. I attended my second KXNO Radio "Cardinals Gamewatch" of the summer. This is an event in which Cardinals fans gather at Rookie's Sports Bar, just off 63rd and Park Avenue in Des Moines. Don't ask about the outcome.

Earlier today, I voted for Major League Baseball's "Latino Legends Team." I voted for...

C- Ivan Rodriguez
1B- Albert Pujols
2B- Roberto Alomar
3B- Bobby Bonilla
SS- Dave Concepcion
OF- Roberto Clemente
OF- Manny Ramirez
OF- Sammy Sosa
SP- Juan Marichal
SP- Pedro Martinez
SP- Martin Dihigo
RP- Mariano Rivera

Against my better judgement, I did not vote for former Cardinal great Joaquin Andujar. But you should click on his name anyway, and treat yourself to a 1982 World Series highlight, featuring play-by-play man Joe Garagiola.

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where is your vote for Jose Rijo? You must have blocked him out of your mind like Tony LaRussa did after the nightmares Jose gave his juiced up A's in the '90 World Series with the most dominant slider seen in decades.

Check out those yearly ERA's (specifically '88-'93) and wake me up when Chris Carpenter repeats his '05 ERA six seasons in a row.

Also: a few points please for his remarkable comeback after 5 (!)years completely out of baseball - truly one of the most underrated baseball feats in recent times.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger CM said...

I had never heard of him.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose my favorite Latino has to be Hector Villanueva. That pudge could hit the ball. Ok, maybe not, since he only had a career .230 average. But, his name is fun to say.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger CM said...

Hector's high on my list, too. You could write him in. And don't forget Henry Rodriguez. He had his own candy bar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home