Thursday, June 02, 2005

A little summer vacation

This whole Brad and Angelina thing has worn me out. I won't be checking in for about a week. The blog turns six months old on Monday, and I'm feeling a bit tapped.
I start a week-long vacation from work on Monday, and this Sunday's "Baseball Show on KXnO" has been pre-empted due to a re-scheduled Iowa Cubs double-header in Memphis. I'll be taking in the graduation of cousin "Nick D," as well as a pair of Cards/Red Sox games in St. Louis Tuesday and Wednesday. Talk to you soon.

In the meantime, savor this even-handed column by St. Louis Post-Dispatch sports columnist Bernie Miklasz comparing Cardinals' managers Whitey Herzog and Tony LaRussa. There's no comparison, I agree, but not in the way that Miklasz means-- Herzog won two more pennants and a World Championship managing in a tougher division, and while cutting payroll. He also built the '82 World Champs as General Manager. It's all about the Rat.


Monday 6/6 Update- Post-Dispatch readers chime in on the Whitey/Tony debate.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While watching my new "Newsradio" DVDs over the weekend I picked up on the title of Lisa's 24 yr. old brother's video game he invented and sold to Microsoft. It was titled...Super Karate Monkey Death Car.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger CM said...

Is anything more fun than an arcane reference?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home