Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Big Day Saturday

 

Moeller Television Festival XIII is just around the bend. It's this Saturday, December 6th. In recent years, Aaron and I shoot for the first Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend for this most-precious annual event, but this year, the date just happens to mark the 10th anniversary of this blog.

Yes, I know what you're thinking, and you're correct-- "The Chris Moeller Archives" has been on the internet longer than YouTube. I am not shitting you. I'm older than Huffington Post also. And unlike Arianna, I've never published a post with the title "9 Things You Didn't Know About Britney Spears, Even If She Is Your Godney." Admittedly, part of the reason for this is that I struggle to keep up-- are we supposed to like Britney now or aren't we? What about Lindsay Lohan?

Anyway, enough about me. Here are some my favorite TV episodes, as chosen by me and my brother. You'll see them at the Aidah and Chris Moeller residence in Des Moines if you show up for MTF XIII at noon, or thereafter, on Saturday.

THE EPISODES

"Episode One" Life's Too Short #1 HBO 11/10/11

"Isn't it Romantic?" The Cosby Show #145 NBC 2/22/90

"Job Switching" I Love Lucy #36 CBS 9/15/52

"The One With the Videotape" Friends #174 NBC 10/18/01

"What Price Gloria?" Quantum Leap #13 NBC 10/25/89

"The Court Martial" The Phil Silvers Show #25 CBS 3/6/56

"Dead Possum" Maron #2 IFC 5/10/13

"Man From the South" Alfred Hitchcock Presents #168 CBS 1/3/60

"Real Families" Episode number unknown CBS 11/15/80 (This is WKRP In Cincinnati episode number 49 in disguise)

"WKRP in Cincinnati: A Paley Center Reunion" Streaming 6/4/14

"The Germans" Fawlty Towers #6 BBC 10/24/75

"Handcuffed" Three's Company #73 ABC 1/29/80

"The Gang Saves the Day" It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia #100 FXX 10/9/13


Hope to see all of you on this very momentous day. You can RSVP me at 515-249-3457. As always, all food and drink, including alcohol, are provided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home