Monday, December 10, 2012

My 2012 gift list

I almost have my Christmas shopping done for another year. Here's what you're each getting from me...


My father: "The Talk Show Hosts of National Public Radio" trading card set.

My stepmom: A Ladyship, becoming a Scottish landowner thanks to this website. And maybe one of their calendars too.

My 8-year-old sister: A 50 caliber rifle. She's old enough now to learn firearm safety.

My brother: An Android.  Not the phone, a robot that looks and acts like a human.

My sister-in-law: A water-powered jet pack. For obvious reasons.

My stylist: If I could, I would throw a lasso around the moon and pull it down from the sky for him.

My accountant: An eight-part series of graphic novels I've drawn chronicling our adventures together.

My spiritual adviser: His own radio show so he can prank call the royals.

My bookie: The Hickory Farms Summer Sausage and Cheese Gift Box. He's so damn hard to buy for.

My pool cleaner: Soft silicone ear plugs

My Gal Friday: Sensible shoes

My AA sponsor: A heartfelt card and a bouquet of flowers. She's dying of ovarian cancer.

My food taster: "Girls" Season One

My beverage taster: An extra week of paid vacation

My laundress: Tim Allen's 1996 book "I'm Not Really Here." Inside joke, she'll get it.

My bedazzler: An ambassadorship

My lightning rod: I plan to bake something.

My co-defendant: The rap

My boy scout pack: Individual pieces from my personal coin catalog. Young boys, you see, love coin collecting.

Assorted friends: Photography lessons. Your Facebook photos suck.

My girlfriend: Paula Gladwell's book on David Petraeus. These elegant 432 pages describe approximately how I feel about her.

My readers: This handy gift-giving guide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home