Monday, May 21, 2012

Return to sender

This isn't the type of story that anybody in the traditional news media gives a sticky shit about, but a group of veterans that served the U.S. in Iraq and Afghanistan returned their service medals to their government yesterday in Chicago.

---

Your pooch is costing you $580 to $875 a year-- and that's only the recurring costs, not the "start-up" elements like license, vaccinations, and "cute" accessories.

---

One of my favorite shows is "Community." It's the finest comedy on TV right now actually. Despite its renewal for next fall, I fear for its future without showrunner Dan Harmon, who was canned by Sony Studios on Friday. This was Harmon's response to his firing on Tumblr. Sad, almost unbelievable news, but a funny online post by Harmon nevertheless. I hope they put a photo or text link to it in the Season 3 box set.

A few weeks ago, superblogger Ken Levine published a piece regarding the office feud between Harmon and Chevy Chase. Levine knows from the dynamics of a television set, having been a writer on "Cheers," "Wings," "Frasier," and "The Simpsons," and a showrunner on "M*A*S*H." Levine suggested that a "pendulum" was starting to swing in the industry. Once upon a time in television, when a star and a showrunner (head writer) feuded, it was the writer that had to go. Not so anymore, said Levine back in April. At the time, I filed that little thought away in case I ever had the chance to steal it and use it as my own "insight" into television.

Today I can safely give Levine all the credit for it. Looks like he was wrong.

---

Des Moines Olympian Lolo Jones is a virgin. The "hardest thing (she's) ever done." I stayed a virgin into my 20s too. Not that hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home