Wednesday, June 01, 2011

June First filler

I wish I had something to blog for you this week. I really do. Work has been crazy busy since returning from the long weekend. It was wild today, with the sole exception of 3 to 4 in the afternoon when I sat in a meeting about the company's 401(k) program. That hour was as boring as the rest of the day was busy. I have to tell you, these banking reps of ours conducting this venture put the mutual fun in mutual funds. But I digress.

I came home at five with designs to do some laundry and to find a topic online to write about, but I was delayed trying to find my laundry detergent. It turns out that my washing machine had shaken so violently the last time I cleaned my clothes that the detergent jug had bounced off the stackable washer/dryer and became lodged behind the appliance. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but that was the day the civil defense siren went off in the city.

This washer/dryer unit is a slick little apparatus, but it's pretty immovable inside of its assigned space in my bathroom and three different parts of the machine are plugged into or attached to the wall behind. I spent about half an hour trying to lift the nearly-full 3-liter jug of Tide Mountain Spring out from behind the appliance using only a broom handle and a state school education. You'll be glad to know that I ultimately succeeded, but note to self: Don't ever put the Tide on top of the washer/dryer unit again, or at least until the guy from NASA comes out and fixes the spin cycle. It's like I'm always saying-- if it's not one thing, it's the next. Like that time I saw the Monica Lewinsky slot machine. It said, "Insert Bill." But anyway, gang. I know I'm exhausting your patience. In the dictionary, you'll find "sympathy" between "shit" and "syphilis." Time to go instead. I don't want you to have to let you keep me. Back with the usual crap soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home