Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'm thankful for this year

A four-day weekend this week
30 new hours of "The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson" on DVD
Julian Assange
A steady paycheck
Khandi Alexander
Glenn Greenwald
The St. Louis Clydesdales, my defending champion and first-place fantasy football team
As always, Tina Fey
Almost a decade of Moeller TV Festivals
Iowa State Senate Leader Michael Gronstal, champion of gay civil rights
Kenny Powers
Matt Taibbi
Faubourg Marigny, New Orleans
Frosted Shredded Wheat. I never tire of it.
Steve Martin
Stan Musial at 90
Albert Pujols at 30
The Wobblies
Bill Maher
T-shirts that can tell the world what I don't want to have to say
Steak 'n Shake
Social Security
Don Rickles
Alison Brie
Bernie Sanders
The entire gang down at Holmes GMC Truck-Honda
Whitey Herzog, Hall of Famer
Letterman before bed
Dave Zirin
Alison Brie on her other show
Roger Ebert
Those that serve in our nation's armed forces. And those that are fighting for the right to serve.
Kwong Tung restaurant in Des Moines. Since 1964.
Natalie Maines
Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement
Mark Twain writing from the grave
Family & friends. I'm sure you understand that space prohibits me from naming each of you.
And my readers. Troy, Lisa, and Ed.

Happy Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home