Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Moeller TV Listings 9/1/09

Tonight at 8pm central on ABC, it's St. Louis Cardinals great Albert Pujols taking on NBA giant Shaquille O'Neal in a home run derby competition in the latest episode of the ABC reality series, "Shaq Vs." It's the pride of the Dominican Republic against the pride of Ireland.

I'll need some convincing that this show is any good, but the event does mark, to my recollection, the first time a Cardinals player has appeared on prime-time network television, in a non-game situation, since Mark McGwire appeared as himself in a Helen Hunt dream sequence during a 1999 episode of "Mad About You."

4 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Albert really is great, in many ways.

Here are some of his thoughts on the matter from his website

“...They may look at my abilities and think that being a great baseball player is the goal of my life. Believe it or not, baseball is not the chief ambition of my life. Becoming a great baseball player is important to me, but it is not my primary focus. Because I know the Hall of Fame is not my ultimate final destination.

“My life’s goal is to bring glory to Jesus. My life is not mostly dedicated to the Lord, it is 100% committed to Jesus Christ and His will...”

TA

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger CM said...

He was homering on two channels tonight in Des Moines. He hit #42 against the Brewers.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you saw it in HD. TA

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger CM said...

HD is great. Better than that time I got glasses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home