Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Eleven years of free drinks, and other observations

Superblogger Ken Levine, former staff writer for "M*A*S*H" and "Cheers," is at it again with a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the series about the bar "where everybody knows your name." In retrospect, that phone behind the bar really did move around a lot.

---

I received a web link by e-mail this weekend for the trailer of the Norway, Iowa baseball movie, "The Final Season," due in theaters this summer. The players' uniforms look dandy, but having lived on the margins of the movie's true-life tale in 1991, I don't recollect quite that many Ashton Kutcher haircuts. The Tigers look more like the Bad News Bears, circa 1976.

---

During my lunch break this afternoon, I purchased that "WKRP in Cincinnati- Season 1" DVD I've been pimping on this site for so long. Will publish my evaluation soon. I was pleased to find my favorite performer, Frank Bonner/"Herb Tarlek," listed on two episode commentaries. An opportunity to catch up with him is worth the 30 bucks alone. Randy Salas of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune has show creator Hugh Wilson's reaction to the whole licensed music debacle, and frankly, hearing his perspective has me feeling a mite better.

---

I found a new picture of baseball star Oscar Gamble's hair from the mid-1970s. (See post-before-last for initial reference.) Enjoy.

---

Moeller TV Listings: Don't miss an extraordinary journalist's return to the tube this week. A Bill Moyers' special, "Buying the War," airs on PBS Wednesday night at 8pm central. (Check local listings.) Then, it's the return edition of "Bill Moyers Journal" Friday at 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home