Friday, April 08, 2005

The Baseball Show on KXNO

If you live in the Des Moines area, I invite you to listen to "The Baseball Show On KXnO," a new all-baseball topical discussion show starring my co-worker, Ross Peterson, and me. Ross and I have been discussing the large and small issues of the game throughout the past couple years, apparently within close enough proximity of the station programmers, that we have been permitted to take our thoughts to the airwaves. Ross is a great guy, and he has really been the engine behind the effort (although, I have been a glossy coat of Armor All on the dash.) He's a Yankees fan and I'm a Cards fan, as you know, but all MLB teams will hopefully be represented, including the Cubs, against my objections.
The show will have a floating start time on Sunday evenings. We will follow the Iowa Cubs broadcasts that day, filling the gap between that and the ESPN Radio Sunday Night Baseball pre-game show at 6:40. This week could be the shortest show of the year. The I-Cubs have a 2:30 central starting time in Albuquerque. Root for quick-working pitchers.
KXnO is an all sports-formatted station found in Des Moines at 1460 on the AM dial. The X and O in the call letters refer to the x's and o's on a coach's clipboard, not to "hugs and kisses," as many people believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home